Welcome to AmolatinaBlog.com. Your privacy is very important to us. This policy here outlines what type of personal info we may collect and how we may use it.
Last Updated: January 8th, 2020
Updated the “What data do we collect from you?” section to disclose which data is collected when someone signs up for our newsletter.
Updated the “Your Rights” section to inform our newsletter subscribers about their rights regarding MailChimp.com.
1. Basic Information and Log Data
All servers track some information about their visitors. The type of information they collect includes (but isn’t limited to) your browser’s details, IP address, referring pages, timestamps, etc. This information cannot identify specific users of the site as it is tracked and collected for routine maintenance and administration purposes only.
2. Personal Information
- When you contact us through the Contact Us page, we will collect your name and email address.
This information is stored in our email service provider’s server and our company does not store it anywhere. Your name, email address and IP address also appear in our WordPress dashboard.
The information you provide is only used to answer your queries. The legal grounds for us contacting you is “legitimate interest” (you are interested in receiving a reply from us).
Your personal information is not used for any other purposes and is not sold to or shared with anyone else.
The email exchange and your message in our WordPress dashboard will be deleted after one month from the date it was received.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we collect your email address, name, and estimated location based on your IP address.
This data is collected by and stored in our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com. Our company does not store any of your personal information.
Your name and email address are used to send you monthly newsletter emails with our top posts.
The legal grounds for us sending you newsletter emails is “explicit consent” – you have personally signed up to our newsletter by clicking “subscribe” and then confirmed your intent by clicking the confirmation link sent out by our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com.
3. Is Providing Data Mandatory
No, you do not have to leave us your real email address when you contact us, but if you don’t, you will not receive a reply to your query.
4. Data Transfer
As we do not hold any data about you, we do not transfer it locally or internationally.
5. Cookies/Web Beacons
The third-party websites we may link to from time to time may also collect information from you, and use or place cookies on your browser. That is done directly by these third parties and AmoLatinaBlog.com does not have any access to or control over these cookies. The data they collect is subject to the privacy policies of these third-party websites.
6. Google Analytics
We also use Google Analytics and thus Google Analytics cookies to understand how you interact with our site: which pages you visit, how long you read our content, etc. None of this information can personally identify you, and it is only used to analyze the usage of our site.
You can opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking software here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
The information Google collects is retained for 38 months. However, you can ask for your information to be deleted at any time. A data removal tool is made available soon and will be posted here.
Google Analytics cookies are valid for 2 years or until you delete them from your browser. Please refer to your browser documentation to learn how to disable cookies.
Google cookies also track data about your visiting behavior (i.e. which pages you visit) and the type of device you use. The cookie will expire once you close our website.
7. Turning Cookies On/Off
You can turn off the cookies from your browser settings any time if you have any privacy concerns. Please note that turning cookies off for all websites is not recommended as it can restrict your use of some websites. You can enable or disable cookies for each website separately. The information on how to do this can be found from your browser documentation.
The visitors of AmoLatinaBlog.com can sign up for our newsletter and receive monthly emails with our top posts.
Our newsletters are managed by our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com.
MailChimp.com uses web beacons and other tracking technologies to collect personal data during email campaigns. Read about it here.
The information they collect automatically when you read emails sent by us includes:
- Device data: Information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent by us, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: Information about dates and times you access emails sent by us and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). They also collect information regarding the performance of our newsletters, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications. This information allows them to improve the content and operation of their services, and facilitate research and analysis of their services.
Additionally, MailChimp.com may obtain information about our subscribers from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and their joint marketing partners. Examples of the information they may receive from these third-party sources include:
- demographic informations (such as your age and gender)
- device information (such as IP addresses)
- location (such as city and state)
- online behavioral data (such as information about the use of social media websites, page view information and search results, and links)
MailChimp.com uses this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) they collect to enhance their ability to provide relevant marketing and content to us and to develop and provide us with more relevant products, features, and services.
You may withdraw consent by unsubscribing from our email list any time. You can do that by contacting us at amolatinablog[at]outlook.com or following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email you receive.
9. Your Rights
You have the right to:
- Know which data we hold about you (we don’t store any of your data. Emails you send us through our contact form are deleted after one month)
- Ask us to delete it (send us an email through the contact form)
More information about your specific rights under the new GDPR law can be found here.
You also have different rights regarding MailChimp.com:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information by submitting a request through here.
- To object to MailChimp.com processing of your Personal Information, ask them to restrict the processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by emailing MailChimp at personaldatarequests[at]mailchimp.com. Read more about this here.
- To complain to a local data protection authority about their collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
10. Contact Us
Data controller’s contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make AmoLatinaBlog.com work properly, we place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Remember whether you have enabled or disabled cookies on this site.
- To track visitor information, such as where you’re visiting our website from, which pages you visit, how long you stay on these pages, etc.
- Load content faster for repeated visitors
- Provide essential security measures
Are They Essential?
Some of these cookies are essential but enabling most of these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work. That said, they will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The Purpose of Cookies
The sole purpose of these cookies is to serve our visitors better fast-loading content, offer social media share/like buttons and provide essential security measures. The cookies will never be used for anything other than stated. The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for example, which pages you go to most often and if you get error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the Site works.
How Long Will Cookies Stay on My Browsing Device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
Do We Use Other Cookies?
-Our website uses Google Analytics cookies to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at. You can opt out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. Alternatively, please refer to your browser documentation to learn how to disable cookies.
These cookies are used to:
- Collect information about how the visitor uses our site (these cookies are valid for 1 day or 2 years or until you delete them).
- Collect information about the visitor’s device and behavior (this cookie is a session cookie, which is automatically deleted when you close our website).
Learn more about how Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
The analytics information Google collects is retained for 38 months. However, you can ask for your information to be deleted at any time. A data removal tool is made available soon and will be posted here.
-We also use marketing cookies by YouTube that allow Google to offer personalized ads based on your interests. Most of these YouTube cookies are session cookies that will be deleted automatically when you close our website. Some are persistent cookies (see above) that store your video player preferences using embedded Youtube videos.
First and Third Party Cookies
First party cookies are cookies that belong to us, while third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your browsing device through our Site.
For example, Facebook will place a cookie on your browsing device if you click on the Facebook link when browsing the Site.
How to Control Cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see https://www.aboutcookies.org/. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using AmoLatinaBlog.com. Your continued use of our website means you agree to these terms. If you do not agree with these terms, please don’t use our website.
1. All content you see on this blog is provided for informational purposes only. The content may change with no given notice.
2. We do not provide any guarantee or warranty as to the completeness, timeliness, accuracy, or suitability of any information on this site or content found by following any of the outbound links from this site.
3. You agree that the information provided here may contain mistakes or inaccuracies and you agree that the owner of AmoLatinaBlog.com is not liable for any of these errors, mistakes or inaccuracies. We are not liable for any damages or losses from the use or display of this information.
4. Your use of any materials or information on AmoLatinaBlog.com is at your own risk entirely, and we shall not be held liable for it. You are responsible for making sure that any information available on this website meets your personal requirements.
5. We may include outbound links to other websites from time to time. These links are provided for informational purposes only and do not mean we endorse these websites. AmoLatinaBlog.com assumes no liability for the content of the websites we link to.
6. The Terms and Conditions of Use are subject to change at any time without any given notice. Changes to these terms will be listed under the “Last Updated” section. Please review these Terms and Conditions regularly. If you continue to use AmoLatinaBlog.com after changes, it indicates your acceptance of these changes.